Well, shoot. I neglected to mention that we just celebrated our 5 year anniversary a week ago. October 3rd is our lucky day!
That’s like… longer than one supposedly takes to get a bachelor’s degree. (Or so I’ve heard…)
That’s like… half a century!
So I’ve decided to celebrate in list form (with a little help from Pinterest):
- a lot of finding endless dirty socks
- a lot of bacon grease (that man is obsessed)
- a lot of used kleenexes (mine– bad habit oops!)
- a lot of laundry (he thinks I have nothing to do all day)
- a lot of kisses and snuggles
- a lot of beautiful bouquets of flowers
- a lot of being obnoxious from boredom on road trips (what? he won’t let me driiiive!!)
- a lot of craziness (guilty)
- a lot of bed hogging (also guilty– aren’t I a delight?)
And in 5 years we’ve…
- adopted not one but two dog children
- moved more times than I care to count (1..2..3..4…5… yeah 5. Don’t ask.)
- bought our first house
- made it through a broken thumb (his– thank you dirt biking)
- suffered though a serious bout of food poisoning (I really thought I was dying)
- laughed until our sides ached
- managed not to kill each other (if you’re married/in a long term relationship you know exactly what I mean)
- gone to Mexico
- gone to Hawaii
This year, he gave me these beautiful pink roses. Pink roses were the first flowers he gave me while were dating. Such a sweetheart.
And this pretty pearl pendant. Pearls have become his anniversary tradition gift to me.
So as you can see, being married is pretty great. Sometimes you have to compromise and sometimes you have to admit you’re wrong.
But it’s kind of like getting to have a sleepover every night with your best friend, every single night of the week.
Love you Jer. More than words can say.