Some exciting news, I passed my skills and written test for my CNA! I should be getting my official card in the mail this week. Horray! I’ve been looking for and applying to jobs at the hospitals. I hope I find something that is both challenging and a great fit for me.
So today is my 26th birthday. No big plans really. Possibly a movie (any good ones out right now?) and maybe a slice of cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory. I’ll be spending it with my honey and that’s the best present a girl could ask for.
Oh, and I’m headed to the gym early in the morning for an extra special treat:
I won’t be posting before and after pictures because I, personally, don’t feel comfortable posting those kind of pictures on the internet for all to see. (Not that I think there is anything wrong with people who do!)
I want to stay away from numbers, I might weigh myself once a week. But I haven’t decided on that.
I will likely do measurements of arms, waist, legs, etc to chart my progress but I don’t know that I will share them here. People’s bodies are all different and I don’t want to cause competition.
I will most likely post my before and after BMI.
I’ve never tried a program like this before but I’ve decided to give it a try for the following reasons:
-I’ve got an awesome friend who’s game to do it together
-I’m not afraid of working hard at the gym
-My eating habits could be a little cleaner
-I want to have a stronger mind and more endurance
-I’m committed to sticking with it
Do I think I’ll come out looking like a fitness model when I’m finished? Of course not.
Do I hope to lose some lingering weight? Yes.
Wish me luck and hold me accountable!
Since it’s my birthday, and I love lists I’ve decided to make the following:
26 Things I’ve Learned in 26 years
1. Socks first, then shoes.
2. If it’s breakable, I will break it. It it’s unbreakable, I will find a way.
3. Be nice. It goes a long way. That being said…
4. Stand up for yourself because no one else will.
5. When all else fails, hug the dog.
7. Stop worrying about other people and start competing with yourself.
8. Sometimes people are mean, but that doesn’t mean it’s your fault.
9. Food poisoning is a terrible thing. Terrible thing, indeed.
10. You can feel sore tomorrow, or you can feel sorry tomorrow.
20. Do something that relaxes/ recharges you at least weekly.
21. Happiness is being married to your best friend.
You’ve probably seen some of these on pinterest. Because that’s where I got them. Hey, I didn’t say these were all original!