This week is off to a great start! I’ve actually been getting 8 hours of sleep a night which makes me hyper all day long.
5 things I am loving
- circuits! I can’t believe I used to barely lift weights. I did a lot of pilates and cardio. Why? Because I really didn’t know how. I started using a Jackie Warner DVD, doing weights with Jeremy, then taking body pump and doing circuits with friends.
- my Sunday school 3 year olds. While 2 hours with them may feel like a circus, they are so hilarious! It’s fun to watch them grow.
- instagram + color splash. Makes me feel like a pro!
- muscle milk light in peanut butter chocolate. I kind of go back and forth on protein powder, but they help me curb my sweet tooth while giving me a protein boost
- The Shack. This is such an interesting read. It’s about a man who loses his daughter in a horrible kidnapping/murder and he goes back to the place she was believed to have been murdered and finds God there. Whether you are religious or not, it is a read that will make you think, make you question and make you expand your conceptions about God and how he (in the book he’s a she!) views/affects mankind.
5 new things I am doing
- running! kinda. I’ve had a lot of issues in the past with re-occuring ankle discomfort from a sprain in high school. Surprisingly to me, strength training has really improved my weak ankle. I’m getting to run the Women’s Fitness Celebration 5k in September!
- nutritional yeast. I just bought some yesterday. It was something I thought I’d never try because of lack of interest. Never say never!
- recipes. I have too many recipes bookmarked and starred in google reader that I’ve not tackled. I’m hoping to start trying a new one every week!
- setting goals. I’m completely the type B personality who’s happy to go with the flow. Starting in September, I’m holding myself more accountable!
- clean eating. I’ve challenged myself for a week to cut out refined sugar, refined carbs and processed foods. Not once have I felt deprived or hungry.
Any suggestions for nutritional yeast? (I hate calling it “nooch”! It just sounds gross… like “moist”.)
What’s something new you are doing/loving?