Let’s face it: winter is not a sexy season. Unless maybe you live in Florida or Hawaii. Bundles, layers, wind, snow, rain, freezing temperatures and frost. I kind of forget my body under my michelin man layers. And let’s face it. No mater what your body type, you’d better be feelin’ good to get into a swimsuit!
Since Hawaii is less than a month away, I wanted to get a confidence boost to be ready. You already know I’ve been making it a priority to make exercise 4-5 times a week, typically 30-45 minutes each time. I think it’s really important to pace myself and switch it up between pilates to cardio to weight training to battle boredom and injury. I’m proud to say that I’ve been exercising not to loose weight but to just get tightened and toned. I’m sure many of you can agree that it’s a lot more fun when you’re not thinking about how many calories are being burned.
You know what else helps at the gym? (Don’t laugh too hard.) A sexy playlist. Let me preface this by saying that I’m not what I’d describe naturally sexy. I’m more goofy, silly and playful. When I try to put on a sexy face, I just crack up laughing.
Here’s my Hawaii Shape Up playlist:
1. Overprotected- Britney Spears
2. Fist Pump- HardNox (I there might be a little Jersey in this white girl)
3. Goodbye- Kristina DeBarge
4. Only Girl- Rihanna
5. Supermassive Black Hole- Muse
6. Hey Baby- Pitbull
7. Bulletproof- La Roux
8. Starstruckk- 3OH!3
9. La, La, La- Auburn
10. Puakenikeni- Nicole Scherzinger
11. I Know You Want Me- Pitbull
12. Krazy- Pitbull
13. Check It Out- Will.i.am feat. Nicki Minaj
14. Walk It Out- Unk
15. Let’s Go- Trick Daddy
16. She Wolf- Shakira
17. Show Me How You Burlesque- Christina Aguilera
18. Superstar- Kimberly Cole
19. Trash Me- Jessie Malakouti
20. Ruff Me Up- Brooke Hogan
21. We No Speak No Americano- Yolanda Be Cool & Dcup
22. Lip Gloss- Lil Mama
23. Jump- Flo Rida feat. Nelly Furtado
24. Unstoppable- Kat DeLuna feat. Lil Wayne
25. Bottoms Up- Trey Songz feat Nicki Minaj
26. Beat Dat Beat- DJ Pauly D
Told ya it was pretty cheesy. Some other things I like to do to boost bikini confidence:
-Pamper your feet to soften any tough or dry skin. I like to use Shea It Ain’t So and then pull on some spa socks.
-Get a spray tan (oops, there we go with Jersey again) or do one at home! Check out these tips to avoid getting streaks. I like to touch up with a bit of bronzer and Jergens Natural Glow.
-Get a facial (or do one for yourself) and make sure you take off your make up and the end of the day. For lazy girls like me, make up removing sheets are worth the extra price. I like Neutrogena night calming sheets.
I also wash my face daily with Murad acne complex kit.
Pizza with extra green pepper and olives, green pepper slices, golden delicious apple slices.
Two egg whites plus one egg and peanut butter and banana toast.
Loaded oatmeal. I added vanilla soymilk, chopped apple, chopped walnuts, craisins, and raisins.
-Toss the baggy sweats (just to the back of the closet) and lounge in fitted yoga pants. Even though I’d die for a pair of Lululemon (sigh, maybe after no buy month), they can be a good price, like these from Old Navy.
Also, Stephanie recently tagged me with the Stylish Blogger award. How sweet!
1. Make a post and link the person who awarded you.
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers.
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them they’ve won!
7 Things About Me
1. I didn’t get my ears pierced until I was 19. I don’t know why I waited, it just wasn’t a priority.
2. I’m crazy allergic to horses, cats and mangoes.
3. Sometimes, I talk in random voices for no reason. Like Pee-Wee Herman or like an old man. My husband looks and me and says “That’s not sexy.” I just laugh.
4. I love the water (must be the Aquarius in me) but I’m terrified of jellyfish.
5. I’m not a huge peanut butter fan. I have to be in the right mood for it.
6. I have the most crazy random dreams. The other night I dreamed I was in a concentration camp.
7. Speaking of sleep, I’m totally addicted. If I put my mind to it, I can sleep for any anytime, anywhere, no matter the conditions.
1. Samantha- Bikini Birthday
2. Emily- Your Food Smiles
3. Sophia- Burp and Slurp
4. Eden- Eden’s Eats
5. Janetha- Meals and Moves
6. Natalie- Cinnamon Bums
7. Camille- I Will Run For Chocolate
8. Autumn- Good Eats Girl (she’s not really new, but just started back up again!)
9. Julie- Peanut Butter Fingers
10. Nancy- Spiffy Kerms
11. Samantha- Health, Happiness and Skinny Jeans
12. Brittany- A Healthy Slice of Life
13. Monique- She’s Going The Distance
14. Carrie- Adventures of Scott and Carrie
15. Katherine- CyclicalUnemployment
I hope everyone has a fabulous week and takes some time to pamper yourselves.