I made it to the gym for my run the other night. Let’s just say that ice cream was NOT a good idea before. I totally cramped the last half of my 3 mile run. Thankfully, I still pushed through and accomplished what I set out for. I came home famished. Randomly, I was craving orange.
When I saw this pop up, I knew it was time to write my next post.
Thank you everyone for your running comments and tips! All of you inspire me so much!
Thank you everyone for all your wonderful comments! I love hearing from and getting to know all of you! I truly appreciate each and every one.
(Are you hearing “At Last” by Etta James in your head? I hope so.)
Recently, I posted about having dinner with Sara from Nourish and Flourish. Excellent blog. Even more excellent writer of the blog. Many of you expressed how lucky I was to meet her and how sweet she is! Both are very true. However, there’s more to the story than meets the eye. You see, Sara and I have known each other for quite sometime. We just kept crossing paths!
3. Favorite new recipe you’ve tried this year?
4. What are three things you’re grateful for?
5. If you could live anywhere in the world for a year, (cost not a factor) where would you go and why?
6. What has been your favorite age so far and why?
7. How would your describe yourself in 3 words?
8. What do you like most about yourself?
I’m grateful for my ability to make make and maintain meaningful, lasting friendships.
9. Favorite quote?
11. If you could have an all expenses paid shopping spree at any store, which would it be?
12. If you could have one super human power, what would you choose?
13. Who do you admire most?
14. Do you like to exercise indoors or outdoors?
15. What makes you laugh?
16. Say all your favorite bloggers were coming to dinner, what would you make?
17. If you knew you could be successful at any job in the world, what would you be?
18. Vanilla or Chocolate?
19. Whole or crushed ice?
20. Why did the chicken cross the road?
To escape the farm and avoid being made into chicken-pot-pie.
I have been busy, busy, busy trying all of everyone’s wonderful recipes! And I still have a stack a mile high. Currently, I am typing with stained red fingers. I’m trying not to stain my white keyboard with them. 😉 More on that in a minute.
Whew! It is finally H-O-T! What’s one to do?
1 tbsp. fat-free cream cheese, room temperature
2 tsp. lemon juice
Dash each salt and black pepper, or more to taste
6 oz. canned or pouched boneless skinless pink salmon, drained and flaked
1/2 cup quartered cherry or grape tomatoes
1/2 cup chopped cucumber
1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
1/2 tbsp. capers, drained (yuck! I didn’t add these)
Combine Dijonnaise, cream cheese, lemon juice, salt, and black pepper in a bowl. Thoroughly mix until smooth. Add salmon and stir well. Add remaining ingredients and toss lightly to mix.
So last summer, before I was a blogger, I went to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. Well we stayed in Nuevo Vallarta right near there. Today I was looking back on my pictures and reminiscing about how much fun it was. Even though I was already sick as a dog with some virus or sinus infection (both?) the first part of it. That was sad. I sat in a beach chair and slept.